As a youngster, you might already have your sights on getting a job and earning some money. Best Buy is one of the most popular consumer electronics retailers in the USA, and for reasons best known to you, you have chosen to apply for a job position there.
If this is true, you are reading the right article because this article features specific information about everything you need to know about working in Best Buy, including their hiring age requirement.
Questions like “how old do you have to be to work at Best Buy?” or “what Job positions are available at Best Buy?” continually surface on online forums and sites because young workers want to learn more about available job positions and if they qualify to get them.
But to quickly answer that question, you need to be at least 16 years old to work at Best Buy. That said, here are other things you need to know before getting a job at Best Buy.
About the Best buy
Since its startup, Best Buy has established itself down centuries to be one of the best consumer electronics retailers around the world.
The Best Buy franchise is known to sell consumer electronics and varieties of related commodities such as games, video cameras, home appliances, mobile devices, and so on.
How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Best Buy?
Best Buy is a company that is very much interested in employing young individuals who are willing and eager to work for them.
Best Buy makes it compulsory that individuals applying should be at least 16 years of age before they are considered as eligible candidates for employment.
Therefore, ensure you’ve reached the age of 16 before applying for a job position at Best Buy.
Best Buy Job Positions And Salary Information
The following are the most common job positions at Best buy and their respective average salaries per hour and some per year.
- Sales Consultant $12.81/ hour
- Sales Associate $11.64/ hour
- Sales Representative $13.89/ hour
- Sales Manager $14.57/ hour
- Sales Lead $11.99/ hour
- Merchandising Specialist $30,656/ year
- Inventory Specialist $30,820/ year
- Asset Protection Associate $31,217/ year
- Cashier $13.74/ hour
- Retail Sales Associate $12.29/ hour
Loading and Stocking
- Warehouse Worker $16.84/ hour
- Merchandise Processor $18.72/ hour
- Inventory Associate $10.78/ hour
- Forklift Operator $17.38/ hour
- Delivery Helper $16.63/ hour
Customer Service Position at Best Buy
- Customer Service Representative $24,113/year
- Customer Specialist $33,199/ year
- Sales Support Representative $11.31/ hour
- Customer Service Manager $44,737/ year
- Customer Assistant $9.85/ hour
Management Position at Best Buy
- General Manager $71,663/ year
- Supervisor $41,098/ year
- Consultant $32,585/ year
- Project Specialist $12.75/ hour
- Assistant Manager $33,920/ year
How to Apply for a Job at Best Buy
If you want to apply for a job position at Best buy, they prefer that you make them online. You can search for specific jobs that are available and see their requirements on the company’s website.
You can also submit your resume and an application letter without specifying any job positions. Best buy would simply just choose a suitable position for you if you are considered for employment.